UPS FREIGHT SHIPPING QUOTES & UPS FREIGHT CALCULATOR
Are you looking for a service capable of always providing an accurate UPS freight quote for your shipping? Do you want to know the exact rates and expected transit times before you send out a shipment?
Using a UPS freight calculator will ensure that you get information about multiple carriers and services that can handle your shipment.
It is a suitable solution for both beginners and experienced shippers, and it can ensure you save money, time, and effort on your shipping endeavors.
What is UPS Freight?
UPS Freight is one of the largest less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers in North America. UPS Freight has a long history dating back to 1947 when it was founded as Overnite Transportation Company. In 2003, UPS Freight was renamed from Overnite to better reflect the company's expanding ground and air capabilities.
Today, UPS Freight provides LTL service across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The company operates a modern fleet of more than 8,000 tractors and 28,000 trailers. UPSFreight employs over 25,000 people across 400 locations.
UPS Freight has a wide range of services to meet your shipping needs, including time-critical, expedited, and guaranteed services. UPS Freight also offers a host of value-added services such as tracking, proof of delivery, and Saturday pickup and delivery.
Whether you're shipping across town or around the world, UPS Freight has the resources and experience to get your shipment there on time and in one piece.
Three Steps to Using a UPS Freight Rates Calculator
Here is how the UPS Freight LTL shipments calculator works:
- Everything starts by entering the data about your shipment. You want to provide the location from and to you are shipping, and the items’ specifics. It is possible to select a UPS freight pickup request for any desired date, but make sure the information entered is accurate. That way, you will get more accurate rates quoted for your shipping.
- The software considers cubic inches and other specifics and offers you rates by more than 50 carriers in North America. You will check the rates and pick the desired UPS freight tariff. Thanks to our service, you can schedule a pickup with the desired carrier in a couple of minutes.
- You can access your dashboard to see the current status of your shipment. FreightRun offers automatic tracking, and it will provide proof of delivery once the items arrive. You can even check the history of your orders on the website.
Why Should You Use a UPS Freight Calculator?
Check out the quick overview of why you need a professional tool to find the best LTL freight rate:
- Find a carrier for any shipment – whether you need a truckload division to deliver the commodities or you are sending a small item, professional software will connect you to the right carrier.
- Always get the best price – comparing rates of over 50 UPS freight shipping companies will ensure you always find the lowest cost for your shipment.
- Save time and effort – apart from saving money; you also spend less time and effort when using a UPS freight calculator. You can find a UPS heavy freight provider and place an order in minutes. From there, kick back and relax while your shipment is safely delivered.
- All orders in one place – you can use the UPS freight shipping tracking feature or check out the previous orders that were already delivered.
How to Determine a UPS Freight Class for Your Shipping?
NMFTA is an abbreviation for the National Motor Freight Traffic Association. They established 18 classes to determine how transportable a certain commodity is.
These factors affect the transportability:
- Stowability – how can you arrange the item in the truck with the other items?
- Density – you calculate it in pounds per cubic foot, and it refers to the overall package size. A large package will usually increase the class and UPS freight cost.
- Handling – does handling from the pickup location to the destination require special treatment? For example, fragility requires special care and can increase UPS freight charges.
- Liability – what are the odds of the shipment getting stolen or damaged during transport? High-risk items might affect the UPS freight estimate.
The NMFC (National Motor Freight Classification) recognizes 18 classes. These cover anything from chairs and tables to household appliances, tires, and car parts, hardwood flooring, etc.
All those things make it hard to calculate the LTL freight rate yourself, which is why you should trust an expert.
From density calculation and freight pricing cubic feet estimation to all other details, FreightRun will cover all details and offer a free and accurate UPS quote!
UPS Shipping Quote
When you need to ship something, you want to know how much it's going to cost. That's where a UPS shipping quote comes in.
A UPS shipping quote will give you an estimate of how much it will cost to ship your package using UPS. To get a UPS shipping quote, you'll need to provide some information about your package, including its weight and dimensions. You can also provide additional information about your shipment, such as whether it requires express or overnight shipping.
Once you have all of the necessary information, you can use a UPS shipping calculator to get a UPS shipping quote. A UPS shipping calculator is an online tool that allows you to enter your package information and get an estimate of the shipping costs. There are many different UPS shipping calculators available, so you'll want to choose one that's easy to use and provides accurate results - like FreightRun.
When you get a UPS shipping quote, it's important to remember that the estimate is just that - an estimate. The actual cost of shipping your package may be higher or lower than the quote, depending on a number of factors. These factors can include the type of packaging you use, the shipping method you choose, and any discounts or promotions that are available.
However, a UPS shipping quote can give you a good idea of how much it will cost to ship your package. It's a helpful tool to use when you're planning a shipment, and it can help you budget for the costs of shipping. So, if you need to ship a package, be sure to get a UPS shipping quote.